Job Description – Field Service Technician
TITLE: Field Service Technician (IVD Instruments)
Company: Global BioClinical
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Part Time with Travel
The Field Service Technician will serve as an extension of the engineering and software teams to support the installation and maintenance of in vitro diagnostic (IVD) testing instruments utilized at medical centers and laboratories participating in clinical trials. Selected candidate will undergo training prior to operating independently in the field.
Responsibilities will Include:
- Contacting installation sites in a timely manner and scheduling service visits
- Instrumentation un-packaging and set-up
- Software installation and updates
- On site test runs including installation qualification (IQ) and performance qualification (PQ)
- Uninstallation, re-packaging, and coordination of instrument return shipping
- Instrument troubleshooting
- Documenting time and expenses in a timely manner and as required
- Requires travel to investigative sites 90% (United States)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prefer prior experience (biomedical technician, electro-mechanical, software, or IVD instrumentation engineer), but not required
- General proficiency in IT terminology such as IP addresses, Windows navigation, software installation utilities, and firewalls, etc.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Good communication with line manager and support teams to ensure service objectives are clearly understood and met
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
Send Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org